Amici Italiani Scholarship – 2019-20
If you have questions about the Scholarships, please contact Casey Cicconetti at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Amici Italiani Scholarship was created to honor and promote the values of scholastic achievement and Italian-American heritage in Wayne County, Ohio by providing financial assistance to students attending post-secondary schools in pursuit of their career and educational goals. The scholarship is based on merit and academic promise, not financial need. Although preference is given to applicants of Italian heritage, anyone may apply.
- Must be a Wayne County, Ohio resident.
- Must be accepted as a full-time traditional or non-traditional student in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited post secondary institution for the fall semester/quarter of 2019.
- Must be pursuing an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, or a one-year
- Up to four (4) renewable $1,000 scholarships to be awarded annually.
April 15, 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Scholarship Awarded on the basis of:
- Academic performance.
- Career objectives, potential commitment, and abilities of the applicant with the potential to make a significant contribution to their chosen field of study.
- Community service involvement.
- Application presentation.
- Completed application (and supporting documents) postmarked by deadline.
- A 250 word essay explaining why applicant should receive an Amici Italiani Scholarship that includes:
- Academic Merit
- Planned Major
- Time requirements for certificate, diploma, or degree
- Career Goals
- Italian Heritage (if applicable)
- ACT or SAT score report.
- High school transcript (for prospective college students) or College transcript (for current college students).
- A completed, signed, and dated Scholarship Agreement form.
- A recent photo (head and shoulders view) to be used for news release.
- The Amici Board will review all qualified applications and award recipients based on the above criteria.
- Scholarship awardees will be notified by May 30, 2019.
Notice: It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application materials and supporting documents are postmarked/received by the application deadline.